Monday, August 11, 2008

Emma's Fears

Today was a busy day for Miss Emma. This morning she attended cheerleader camp up at the high school. I didn't stay and watch (because no other parents did and I didn't want to be the only one! :)), but I heard that she did great except for when Willie the Wildcat made an appearance. She freaked out and hid until they had a cheerleader pretend to beat him up and then made him leave...all for Emma's sake! She's terrified of anything in costume! After cheer camp, we went to Schlitterbahn with my friend, Holly, and her daughter, Julia. Emma was scared of any and all slides and rides at Schlitterbahn. I MADE her (being the mean mom that I am) go on 2 intertube rides with me and also on a little water slide with me. She protested going on it, but I thought "hey, she might end up liking it and just not know it yet". However, at the end of each ride she told me "I will NEVER go on that ride again!" So she spent the majority of her day with her 'wings' on floating in the kiddie pool with about 1 foot of water. And of course, wanted me to "Watch!" every second of her floating. She did entertain me some, however, because when she would float on her back she would sing a song (a different song everytime she turned over to her back, of course!) What I learned? I should have filled up the kiddie pool in the backyard with 1 foot of water, put her 'wings' on her, and let her float for free instead of paying $70 for her to do the same thing at Schlitterbahn. Maybe next summer she'll make the trip worthwhile! :-)

Here's a picture of her and Julia:


No comments: